DIY: Fringe Top!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hi beautiful people! 

So I had this minty shirt that I bought from Forever21 not too long ago and... I ruined it! I didn't read the directions and ended up machine drying the shirt (a no no) and it shrunk.. so I ironed it (another no no).. and it made a hole in the middle of the shirt.. oh noooo.  I did think about throwing it away, but I had just bought it, and out of this mistake, came an idea! ;) What better idea to turn it into a Fringe Top?! :D
The pictures are in order starting from the top left to right as you can see.

FYI this is SUPER easy ANYONE can do it! It took me 15 MINUTES :D
Step  1: Lay the shirt flat
Step 2: Place a tape across the shirt, I put it right on the middle, you could do lower or higher, it's your choice. 
Step 3: Cut lines to the tape
Step 4: Then cut right above the bottom stitches, also the stitches on the side of the shirt. 
Step 5: Finally, you want to place your thumb on the tape, pulling the strands into thin stripes, and of course take the tape off when done.
 Here is the finished product! 


Isn't it so cute?! I paired it with American Eagle jean shorts and super cute wedges from Charlotte Russe and my gold heart necklace and gold bracelets from Forever21 <3 I will definitely make a video on this soon, cause I have a couple shirts I'd like to fringe!

I hope you enjoyed this DIY, if you have any questions, just ask! :)
xoxo- Mal




No comments:

Post a Comment

MAALI MARVELS ©
Theme by Blogs & Lattes