Fall & Thanksgiving Mantel Decor

Tuesday, December 1, 2015



I can't believe we're already in December! ❆ This year is flying by so fast! Most of you all have already replaced your Fall/Thanksgiving decorations with Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, but y'all... I am just barely getting to it. We got rid of our old Christmas tree since moving into our first new house, so the day after thanksgiving we made a trip to Walmart and bought a new bigger size oh so pretty tree! 

My husband fixed it up for our daughter Mia and I to decorate and well we did a little bit, but it won't have my 100% attention until I get this post up about how I decorated my first Mantel for the Fall and Thanksgiving season. Mind you, we're still new in our house so the walls are super plain. 

Maybe it's the timing, but how am I suppose to add touches to our home when the holidays are just around the corner in which I cannot skip, I need to decorate for that. Especially when you have a lively 6 year old daughter who is aware of all of the holidays! And I am so indecisive when it comes to decorating our home, it's serious business. So for now I will just go with the flow and decorate what I can for the holidays since it's easier anyway.

Plus I think it will be cool to look back on this post to see how I transition over the years in the department of home decor, just to see how much has changed. BTW a big photo credit to my beautiful sister Amy for taking these pictures for me with her super fancy camera. ☺ I hope some of the pictures will inspire you to decorate you own mantel, just as I was inspired by many pinners. 

All stuff bought on a budget from Target, Michaels, Dollar Tree, Walmart, and like on thing from Ross & Ikea. Look below for all details!







FYI the red vase I bought at a garage sale and w/the white florals (Target $3 dollars each) it's a year round thing for now, it just happens to go with season decor changes.

Target- Acorns $1, pillows $3 each, wood slice $5, cork bottle $1, golden scented candle 'Fall Day' $3  each, white wire pumpkins $1 each.

Michaels- Silver glass pumpkin, white & orange pumpkin, little harvest pumpkins, orange metallic pumpkin, brown & gold glitter pumpkins, fall leaves garland all together was $41.35 with a discount. Don't remember each specific price for items.

Dollar tree- Taper candles, candlestick holders, fall leaves assortment, orange glitter pumpkins, all were obviously $1 each. 

Walmart- 3 smallest unscented block candles on wood slice were around $6 ish.

Ikea- Tallest block candle on wood slice, don't remember price.

Ross- rustic wooden basket around $8 ish. 

Maali

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAALI MARVELS ©
Theme by Blogs & Lattes